What Should You Know in Having a Home on Solar Energy?
Probably, you have heard a lot about the solar energy, especially on how it has helped thousands of households worldwide. Of course, you have thought about installing one on your house as well, for your household to benefit from it. However, you should remember to do some research first, and know some vital points to consider before having a solar energy system on your house. This is for you to maximize the advantages it can provide while preparing yourself for some cons you should deal with.
Pros and Cons of Using Solar Energy in Your Home
Although it sounds overwhelmingly great, solar energy and its system still have its own share of pros and cons you should know. Of course, you want to maximize and reap the good stuff, while preparing and minimizing the bad effects.
Pros of Using Home Solar Energy
- Having a solar energy system means you can have access to an unlimited energy source— the Sun.
- Since you can have access to a good source of energy, your monthly electric bills will surely decrease.
- Electricity and heat you can harness from solar energy can be used for various applications and purposes.
- You only have to keep the solar panel clean and replace the inverter and cables every five to ten years, thus you can certainly experience low maintenance cost.
- You can also expect the solar energy technology to improve for the next years, especially that many aims it to be the world’s main power source.
Cons of Using Home Solar Energy
- Its initial cost could be very expensive, especially about the price of the devices and installation rates.
- The amount of solar energy you can harness largely depends on the weather, or in the presence of a good amount of sunlight that hits the solar panel.
- Though you can immediately use harnessed solar energy in your home, it is expensive to buy and maintain batteries for its storage.
- The whole solar energy system requires a large amount of space; thus you should make sure your house could accommodate it.
Considerations in Installing a Solar Panel
After knowing about its advantages and disadvantages, you should have enough ideas on how to install a solar energy system in your home. Whether you would pay for contractors or install it on your own, there are few things you should consider:
- There could be specialized legislation about solar energy installation in each state of the US and in each country worldwide. You should know if you are required to get a permit beforehand in your local place.
- You should also make sure that your local place could support solar energy as well. For one, you should make sure your place has lots of sunshine and is less cloudy in general. Second, know if it is more favorable to install a solar energy system when looking at the angle of ordinances in your place.
- You should also make sure that your house can support a home solar energy system. make sure you have enough space on your roof or yard where the solar panels could have direct access to enough sunlight. However, you can always avail inspection services from your local solar installer to look at such factors in your home.
- Finally, think about which payment method is right for you. You can opt to buy and install your own solar panel, or sign a monthly lease for it. Just feel free to shop around for the best option you can grab in your local place.
Those are just a few of the factors you should consider in having a solar energy system in your home. This is for you to know what to prepare for it, which can greatly help you in maximizing the good things it can give.
Image Source: Freepik
Call me today and have my team work for you. You will be thankful that you did!
Your Realtor for LIFE
Do you want your home selling experience to be made easy?
Ed Constable is a top Realtor in Fenton, MI, and surrounding areas!