Waterford Township is a charter township in the center of Oakland County, Michigan. Ed Constable has provided some information below for anyone considering one of the properties, land, or homes for sale in Waterford. Lewis Cass, the third governor of Michigan Territory, established the boundaries of Oakland County in 1819. Waterford Township was organized in 1834.
The historic district of Waterford Township includes Dixie Highway, a square north and south of Andersonville Road, then Andersonville Road between Dixie Highway and Airport Road, south on Airport street to the RR tracks. The homes and organizations of the zone were inquired about in 1976 by the early Waterford Historical Society. In 1977, the Waterford Historic District was put on the National Register of Historic Places.
Geographically, the Waterford Township has a total area of 35.3 square miles (91 km2), of which 31.3 square miles (81 km2) is land and 4.0 square miles (10 km2), or 11.22%, is water according to the United States Census Bureau. Waterford Township is the third largest Township in Michigan with thirty-four fresh water lakes.
In Waterford Township, the population was spread out with 23.2% under the age of 18, 8.2% from 18 to 24, 36.0% from 25 to 44, 21.8% from 45 to 64, and 10.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 99.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.5 males.
Waterford Township is home to the Oakland County International Airport. The airport is a hub for the airline Lakeshore Express, a local commuter airline to Pellston and Chicago-Midway.
The Waterford School District operates public schools in most of the township. The Waterford School District has nine elementary schools: 1. Beaumont, 2. Cooley, 3. Donelson Hills, 4. Grayson, 5. Haviland, 6. Houghton, 7. Knudsen, 8. Riverside, and 9. Schoolcraft, two middle schools: 1. Mason and 2. Pierce, and two high schools, 1. Kettering and 2. Mott. There is a third high school called Durant High School and was a third middle school, Crary, which was shut down.
For public safety, the Waterford Township maintains its own police department with 65 police officers and a fire department with 144 manpower. Waterford is a great community for raising a family or doing business.
If you want to buy or sell a home in Waterford, Michigan contact top realtor Ed Constable.
Interested in owning one of the homes for sale in Waterford, MI?
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Waterford for you below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
- All Homes for Sale in Waterford
- Land for Sale in Waterford
- Condos for Sale in Waterford
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Waterford
- Homes for Sale in Waterford Under 100k
- Homes for Sale in Waterford 100k to 175k
- Homes for Sale in Waterford 175k to 250k
- Homes for Sale in Waterford Over 250k
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.