Ed Constable has provided some information below for anyone considering one of the properties, land, or homes for sale in Swartz Creek, Michigan.
Swartz Creek is located in Genesee County and was settled in the early 1880s. The creek is a tributary of the Flint River and has two branches, the East and West Branch. Its name comes from the German word Schwarz, meaning “black”, because the creek water is muddy. The west branch begins directly southwest of the city of Swartz Creek and then flows northeast through the city and through Flint Township, where it meets the eastern branch.
The previous head waters was a swamp called “Gaines’ Dead Marsh” or “Dead Man’s Swamp”; this swamp was the source of the muddy water that gave the creek its name, but the swamp was later drained for farmland usage. The city of Swartz Creek is approximately 4.04 square miles with a population of about 5,778 from an initial 182 people.
The city growth and relatively stable climate condition has unwrapped the industrial, economic, and tourism potential of the community. Numerous important industries including lumber, carriages, and automobiles have boosted the economy over the years.
Swartz Creek has two large parks, Winshall and Elms Road, which offer various sports amenities and daily pavilion and baseball diamond rentals for parties and gatherings during the summer.
In addition to Elms and Winshall, the city maintains a small park downtown known as Bicentennial Park. This park provides pavilions and long walking paths and ponds for residents to enjoy.
Swartz Creek offers a friendly environment for residents to make their home boasts its developed neighborhoods likes Baldwin Estates, Maple Creek Preserve, Lille Place and Mark-Wood estates.
Interested in owning a home for sale in Swartz Creek, MI?
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Swartz Creek for you below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
- All Homes for Sale in Swartz Creek
- Land for Sale in Swartz Creek
- Condos for Sale in Swartz Creek
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Swartz Creek
- Homes for Sale in Swartz Creek Under 75k
- Homes for Sale in Swartz Creek 75k to 150k
- Homes for Sale in Swartz Creek Over 150k
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.