Ed Constable gathered this information for anyone interested in selling or purchasing one of the properties or homes for sale in Linden.
Linden, MI is a city in Genesee County that is home to Lake Linden and Byram Lake. The City of Linden is a vibrant community that takes pride in its historic charm around the downtown area intersection of Bridge and Broad. It was established as a village in 1871 and has structures dating back to early 1840.
Linden has since grown from a small village into a city with a population of 3,991, according to the 2010 census. That’s an increase of 39.5% from the year 2000 figures. The residents are 51.5% female and 48.5% male. Small shops, restaurants, an opera house, recreational parks, and local businesses thrive as the main social and recreational activities.
At the city’s center, the Linden Mills building sits on the bank of the Shiawassee River. This structure dates back to the pre-civil war era. The mill played a vital role in Linden’s major industries, like timbering activities in the 1840’s and cement making in the early 20th century.
The mill currently houses a public library and a unique collection of artifacts pertaining to Linden’s history, as well as the city’s historic council chambers and City Hall, where the day to day business of the City takes place.
In the present day, the town’s 4,000 residents treasure their history and enjoy many local events in their recreational suburb. Locals enjoy the waterway for kayaking, fishing, swimming, and watching wildlife. The aesthetic value of Linden has led to several parks and a gazebo, which is a popular location for outdoor weddings and summertime events, including a summer concert series.
The main parks include:
- Eagles Wooden Park
- Linden County Park
- Mill Pond Park
- Thompson Road Regional Dog Park
Whether you are visiting the city or looking for a place to call home, Linden is a great place to live, learn, work, and play. Check out some of the great neighborhoods with homes for sale in Linden at Byram Ridge, River Oaks Hollow, and Horizon Lakes Airpark.
Information for Prospective Residents
- Trash & Recycling is picked up every Friday Morning unless there is a holiday. The City requests all items to be picked up are on the curb by 6:00 AM. More information can be found at here or by calling Republic Waste at 888-872-7455.
- Yard Waste is picked up every Friday from April 7 through November 25, 2017.
- Burn Permits are valid from January 1st through December 31st and cost $10 for the calendar year. The Fire Chief will come out to inspect your burn area before you can have a fire. The City asks that all fire pits are at least 10 feet from any structure or tree.
- Water readings are completed quarterly, and bills for each year are due January 25, April 25, July 25, and October 25.
- BEFORE Selling Your Home, the City requires a mandatory home inspection. The inspection fee is $50. A final water reading is also required. Both of these can be scheduled by calling City Hall at 810-735-7980.
Interested in owning one of the homes for sale in Linden?
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Linden for you below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
- All Homes for Sale in Linden
- Land for Sale in Linden
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Linden
- Homes for Sale in Linden Under 175k
- Homes for Sale in Linden 175k to 275k
- Homes for Sale in Linden Over 275k
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.