Ed Constable has provided some information below for anyone considering one of the properties, land, or homes for sale in Lennon, Michigan, a small agricultural village located on the eastern border of Shiawassee County and Genesee County. The town is supported by a huge grain elevator, some small businesses, and is a commuter town for both the Saginaw, Lansing, and Flint areas.
Historically, Lennon was founded by Peter Lennon, who was responsible for getting the Grand Trunk Railroad to run through the town in the early 1880’s. The village was later named after the founder.
Lennon is a rural community with an estimated population of 527 according to the 2010 United States census bureau with formal boundaries of the village encompassing a small land area of 0.91 sq. miles and about 81 households and 133 families. In Lennon, it’s been reported:
- 63% of residents are married.
- families with children reside in 27% of the households.
- 33% percent of residents hold white collar jobs
- 67% residents hold blue collar jobs.
The median age of homeowners in Lennon is 37 years, with 81% of those homes owned, 12% rented, and 7% not occupied. The highest household income is $60,784 while the median household income is $48,750.
Lennon township is one of the safest and most beautiful townships in Michigan, with the main use of the land being parks, single-family homes, and an increasing number of senior housing communities. Recreational and social activities for residents include restaurants, coffee shops, the Perkins Library, parks, and Lake Lennon.
The low cost of living, in combination with its great location for commuters, makes Lennon a pleasant place to live.
Interested in owning one of the homes for sale in Lennon, MI?
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Lennon below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.