Ed Constable has provided some information below for anyone considering one of the properties, land, or homes for sale in Howell, Michigan the County Seat of Livingston County.
According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population was 9,489 residents, 49% male and 51% female with an average household size of 2.29. Howell has a total area of approximately 4.95 square miles.
The first homes in Howell were built in 1835, with the first structure being Eagle House, a tavern, and hotel.
Soon after came more public houses and taverns, as well as the post office located inside Eagle Tavern, the Howell Steam Saw Mill, a blacksmith (owned by the well-known McPherson family). Howell was established as a village in 1863 as Livingston Centre but later was renamed Howell after Thomas Howell, a prominent judge that was friends with one of the original village planners.
The City of Howell has a strong arts background and is home to the Howell Opera House and the Livingston Arts Council. Howell offers several festivals throughout the year, like the Sunday Farmers’ Market that runs from May through October, a Balloonfest, a Melon Festival celebrating the Howell Melon, a cantaloupe hybrid grown in the Howell area, and more.
Additionally, residents of Howell can find events and activities through Howell Area Parks and Recreation Authority, which offers many activities and facilities like:
- Parks & Trails (including a dog park!)
- Athletic Fields, Camps, & Other Activities
- Boat Launch & Outdoor Ice Rink
- An Aquatic & Fitness Center
- Community & Recreation Centers
- Recreation Classes & Team Sports
Howell is a fantastic family-friendly city full of history and recreation. Residents are proud to be part of such an active community!
Interested in owning one of the homes for sale in Howell, MI?
In this competitive market, it’s important to stay on top of the newest listings & to alert us on anything you would like to see. If you would like more information on any of these Howell MI homes for sale, just request information on the listing details page of the property. We can provide you with information that’s not available to the public including disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more. We know that staying well informed is crucial to the home buying process, especially when you have your heart set on a specific neighborhood. Buying a new home is a huge commitment, and the best real estate agent near Howell MI wants to help ensure that you are armed with all of the information you need to make such an important decision.
We’re eager to help you secure the property of your dreams. If you are interested in homes for sale in Howell, MI, call your realtor for life, Ed Constable at 810-938-3339.
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Howell for you below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
- All Homes for Sale in Howell
- Land for Sale in Howell
- Condos for Sale in Howell
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Howell
- Homes for Sale in Howell Under 175k
- Homes for Sale in Howell 175k to 250k
- Homes for Sale in Howell 250k to 325k
- Homes for Sale in Howell Over 325k
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.