Historically, Goodrich was first settled in 1835 when Enos, Moses, and Levi Goodrich purchased a thousand acres here and built a cabin. The town was originally named Atlas, but Reuben Goodrich changed the name to ‘Goodrich’ in 1849. Goodrich was officially incorporated as a village in 1957 and has developed demographically with an increased population which stood at 1,860 people by 2010, according to the United States Census Bureau.
There are 648 households reported as:
- 45.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them.
- 59.9% are married couples living together.
- 9.7% had a female head of household with no male present.
- 5.1% had a male head of household with no female present.
- 25.3% were non-families.
- 21.0% of all households were made up of individuals.
- 8.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
The average household size is 2.83 and the average family size is 3.33 respectively. The median age in the village is 36.9 years while 32.6% of residents are under the age of 18; 5.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 27% were from 25 to 44; 24.5% were from 45 to 64, and 10.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 49.7% male and 50.3% female.
This village has a unique mix of occupational and cultural groups. The family-friendly environment is ranked one of the safest in the entire state. Its combination of top public schools, low crime rates, and owner-occupied single family homes make the village a wonderful place to live.
Goodrich is situated on Millpond, part of Kearsley Creek. There is dam located under the bridge of the main street area. The unique, well-preserved turn-of-the-century style buildings give the town an attractive, historical look. The village is near Shinanguag Lake and parks, providing leisure & recreation opportunities. The cost of living in Goodrich is relatively low, making it a favorable location for residents.
Interested in owning one of the homes for sale in Goodrich, MI?
In this competitive market, it’s important to stay on top of the newest listings & to alert us on anything you would like to see. If you would like more information on any of these Goodrich MI homes for sale, just request information on the listing details page of the property. We can provide you with information that’s not available to the public including disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more. We know that staying well informed is crucial to the home buying process, especially when you have your heart set on a specific neighborhood. Buying a new home is a huge commitment, and the best real estate agent near Goodrich MI wants to help ensure that you are armed with all of the information you need to make such an important decision.
We’re eager to help you secure the property of your dreams. If you are interested in homes for sale in Goodrich, MI, call your realtor for life, Ed Constable at 810-938-3339.
Ed Constable has set up a few searches of available properties and homes for sale in Goodrich for you below. Feel free to contact him for your own custom search with automatic updates when a property that fits your needs hits the market!
- All Homes for Sale in Goodrich
- Land for Sale in Goodrich
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Goodrich
- Homes for Sale in Goodrich Under 225k
- Homes for Sale in Goodrich Over 225k
Selling your property is a big decision.
When you choose to work with Ed…
- You’re getting an agent who uses the best tools and technology to sell your property for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
- You’re getting transparency and communication throughout the entire process, so you know every detail is taken care of.
- Ed and his team have created a customized marking strategy to target where buyers are looking – both online and in person. Plus, we make listings shine with professional photography and a great description.