1. Collect agent referralsTry to get a referral to an agent who has the quality you are finding. Search your whole network to find the best suggestion. You can post on your Facebook; it may help you a lot. When you find an experienced person on this fact, ask him for a good referral. Do not ask your friend or neighbor to find it easily.
2. Consider specializationReal Estate agents are different for different specialized areas such as; some works with seniors, some with short sales, and some with new buyers. You will get some agents who are matched with your requirement. You can search a real estate agent in your city with your needed specialized area. Otherwise, you can call a brokerage in your city and make a list of the agents here.
3. Consider brokers of all sizesYou can call the famous brokers, but you should not underestimate smaller brokerages in your community. They can also help you a lot. It is easy to find a broker in your community. You can even get a known person with a home you can be comfortable working with. This is not necessary that you need a renowned broker to have a good deal.
4. Find out brokers in your communityThere are different brokers in different areas. You can find the brokers in your location looking for the signs like “For Sale” and “Sold”. From this sign, you will come to know which brokers work in your locality. You can also find the teams of agents from signs with a note like this house is sold by “Real Living or Tremaine Real Estate”. Here you will a team of brokers working in your community.
5. Look for peer awardsNow the question is- how to select the best broker when a big list of brokers in the specific community has been found. You can select one of the brokers who got awards from the central branch. This type of award indicates a past work experience of the broker.
6. Try to know about the agentWhen you select your agent and go to meet him, try to know some basic things such as; his job schedule (part-time or full time), duration of this job period, his specialized area, and an example of work in your community. Through these questions, you will get an idea about the agent. Before you start a deal, you should find an agent with enough justification. Try to find the person with whom you are comfortable working.
Call me today and have my teamwork for you. You will be thankful that you did! EdConstable.com Team Your Realtor for LIFE
Do you want your home selling experience to be made easy?
Ed Constable is a top Realtor in Fenton, MI, and surrounding areas!